Bjarke Ingels Group (BIG)
VIΛ 57 WEST (625 West 57th Street)
VIΛ 57 WEST, the anchor of the 57 WEST residential block, provides a dramatic visual gateway to Manhattan’s skyline along the Hudson River. The first project designed in North America by the Danish Architecture firm BIG – Bjarke Ingels Group, VIΛ 57 WEST offers residents a compelling mix of 709 rental residences, an unsurpassed selection of resident amenities and 45,000 square feet of retail space.
Natural light, views, trees, plants and moving water are integral components of VIΛ's holistic design aesthetic and The Durst Organization’s commitment to creating properties in which people can live, work and thrive. The centerpiece of VIΛ 57 WEST’s unique design is VIA Garden, a lushly planted courtyard that opens toward the Hudson River, bringing views and low western sun deep into the block.
VIΛ 57 WEST's materials, products, construction methods and operations were carefully vetted by The Durst Organization with a view of their impact on both the environment and daily living experience.
The vast array of amenities for residents to enjoy include a swimming pool, fitness center, half-basketball court, golf simulator, children’s playroom, library, poker room and media room. Residents may also reserve a variety of ‘living rooms’ for entertaining and take advantage of such features as a fireplace, chef’s kitchen, serving kitchen, dining room and an outdoor terrace with dramatic river views. The building will also house a Livanos Restaurant Group retail space.
Visit the VIA 57 WEST Website
- 2012 American Institute of Architects New York Chapter Merit Award for Future Project
- 2015 Architect Magazine Progressive Architecture Award Citation
- 2015 Concrete Industry Board Roger H. Corbetta Award for Quality Concrete Award of Merit with Special Recognition in Architectural Design
- 2016 Society of American Registered Architects Special Award for Excellence in Residential Design Innovation
- 2016 RIBA International Prize Finalist
- 2016 SARA NY Design Awards 2016
- 2016 DAM International Highrise Award Finalist
- 2016 World Architecture Festival Awards Finalist
- 2016 CTBUH Best Tall Building Award
- 2016 Design Museum London Design of the Year
- 2016 The International Highrise Award